Tuesday, September 28, 2010

{eco} style: Plant Styling Roundup!

After my post yesterday on the beautiful planters, I felt inspired to go on the hunt for interiors with plant life.  Plants are so good for the air quality in your home, so I have always had a few, but I've always struggled a bit trying to display them and fit them into the decor.  After this particular round-up, however, I'm inspired to work at it a little harder.  The images below are beautifully styled - I tried to include unusual groupings/planters as well, in case you have space challenges! Tell me, how do you like your plants?  I'd love to see!

The photos above are all from Boskke - planting upside down is visually interesting, it helps save water and space.  I love the kitchen herb idea - it's on my inspiration board!


Go Smaller: this is the direction I want to go in.  The trouble is, I plant something in the most adorable tiny pot, the plant gets too big, and then, sadly, it dies.  From the look of my "pictoral research", the trick is using cacti, succulents & bonsai... something with a small root system, that doesn't need a lot of water.  I have these silly little shelves by the window in my kitchen that I've never known what to do with, but they get a lot of light.  I'll give something like this a try and keep you posted!






Finally, go BIG!  Sometimes, less is more.  If you have the space, go for impact with a larger piece.  My mom used to have a GI-NOR-MOUS coffee tree, but I've seen some striking palm too.  Whatever is in these 2 photos... I like!

Woolly Pocket



7 comments:

  1. I think that You have covered your living room and kitchen with plant. So I assume that It is call green house. I am also curious to cover my house with plant . Buy I have not enough space for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! As for your home, there are some space saving solutions you can try that would be fun too! Try either the hanging plant from Boskke (pictured above), or a living wall that takes up unused wall space. WoollyPocket(.com) has some awesome DIY ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the idea of planting upside down. It sure does look interesting and eye-catching. I'm sure my mom is going to love this, she has the green thumb in the family. I'm more into those plants in little cute pots that don't require much attention! (haha) My mom gave me a small table plant which I forgot to water for about a year, it looked dead and moldy so my helper took it out and after being soaked in the rain for sometime, it just sprung back to life! perfect for me! lol! I think it belonged to the cactus family although it didn't look like one. looked like a small bowl filled with thick, hard leaves. Cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all are one of the great idea. It sure does look interesting and eye-catching. I'm sure my mom is going to love this all great to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are best example of nature. I like your collection. Green colour is eye catching colour, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,Plants are so good for the air quality in your home. I also plannted bonsai and flower pots at my home. I have always struggled a bit trying to display them and fit them into the decor.
    printed polo shirts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails