Monday, October 5, 2009

WHEW!!!....I'm Back!

Okay...I have to extend my apologies for being so out of touch, I really grew to love PGD, and thought of it often! I was just so overwhelmed by my life (opening a new business a very small detail)...and I didn't want my content to suffer. Not sure if opting out completely was any better, but I feel at least like I can face it now! Even better, I want to build and grow the community of PGD even more! I'm thinking of adding new columns (like life & fashion, the organic kitchen, non-toxic living, innovation and design, more reader content and more, but still keeping some of the old faves like DIY projects and Eco Style), updating the blog and giving things a general facelift! Design is still a big part of my life, but as the eco way of life gets entrenched deeper and deeper within my bones, I feel that there is simply more to life than sofas, colour schemes and trends. More on that later.... If any of you feel like you'd like to help, I'm open to that too! In fact I'd love it! Reader's give blogs a lovely sense of community, diversity and interest!

In the meantime, I have other big new, which may help you forgive me for being so distant...during my busy, hectic summer, I somehow managed to sneak in an 'I do'! That's right, Jonathan and I tied the knot! And we did it super cheap, very eco-friendly, with lots of help from our family and friends. The big event took place in our back yard - we did the food ourselves, but as Jonathan is part-owner of a very successful restaurant, his mad-skills in the kitchen didn't make this seem as much of a stretch. We rented the cheapest (and most colourful) tent we could find, borrowed picnic tables from all our friends, shook out the white linens and presto! It was an event to be remembered. Everyone (including us) had a great time, and I couldn't be more excited (and proud) to share it with all of you too! Here are a few highlights...p.s. another way we saved money was by asking my kid brother to take the pictures. As a result, there's a real homegrown quality to these shots.

WEDDING, Part 1 - Still to Come - the tent, the decor, the food, and what makes it eco

{my dear dad, walking me down the lawn. A note about the dress - I picked a design and tweaked it, got fabric on sale, and had it made. the entire thing cost $120!!! the only thing i regret is not having a close up of it.}
{i did all the flowers myself - i'm pretty proud of my bouquet, actually, featuring hosta leaves from my garden. the whole deal cost $60, including my bouquet and all the centerpieces}
{the women in the family}

{mr. & mrs. mackay}



Bookmark and Share


2 comments:

  1. many congratulations mr. and mrs. mackay ~ lovely images of your lovely day! and ... welcome back to blogland ~ looking forward to seeing all your new ideas!
    best wishes,
    prairiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails